Saturday, August 4, 2012

Coffee & Soda, anyone?


OK, so this came out on the market a couple of days ago in Japan, and Suntory have been doing blanket advertizing on the telly and the trains here in Tokyo. 

The theme is fun - three Blues Brothers-like types running amuck in a fairground. Given that I love my coffee (and caffeine in general) and I've always dug soda water, the idea of a combination of the two was, well, intriguing.

I simply had to try it.

The verdict, sadly, was what most realistic people would expect. It was shocking. As much as I'm fond of coffee and soda water, never EVER shall the twain meet.

Suntory, you make pretty decent beer, but please (PLEASE) do not make fizzy coffee.

3 comments:

Japan-Australia said...

Worth a try and I have tried all types of coffee, so why not a fizzy one :)

Jack Seabrook said...

I am not a coffee drinker so I think I'll pass!

Unknown said...

Good thinking, Jack. I don't know why the fizziness didn't work, but my wife was telling me they tried to release a similar drink here in Japan in the '70s or '80s, and apparently that bombed as well.